Factors and Multiples
To demonstrate your understanding of concepts through clear articulation on your approach to solve the problem.
- This is an Individual Task. You are to complete the viva voce practice on your own.
- It will also help you to seek and articulate your understanding of concepts as you attempt to explain your approach and solution to each problem.
- You should not take more than 1 hour to complete the entire task.
TASK and INSTRUCTIONS:
You will explain how you find the prime factorisation of the following numbers, and express the answer in index notation.
- Your explanation should be concise, relevant and clear.
- The video clip should not be longer 5 min.
- You may choose any suitable multimedia application for this task (e.g. PhotoBooth, QuickTime Player). Keep the file size of the video clip small as you are expected to upload it to the internet (Blog, YouTube, Facebook).
1 ACHUTHA D/O KARUPPIAH Q5(a)
2 ANGELINE YAP ZHI HAN Q5(b) received 20120123 1200h
3 CHAN SIEW EE, SARAH Q5(c) received 20120123 1200h
4 CHEW YUN HUI Q5(d) received 20120123 1200h
5 LEONG SIN YUEN, LYNNETTE Q5(e) received 20120123 1200h
6 LIEW JIA WEN Q4(a) received 20120123 1200h
7 A MANICKA PRAVEEN Q4(b) received 20120123 1200h
8 ANBARASAN SUBRAMANIYAN Q4(c) received 20120123 1200h
9 ARJUN APPAVOO S/O S Q4(d) received 20120123 1520h
10 CHIAM CHUEN Q4(e)
11 GOH QIAN ZHE Q4(f) received 20120123 1200h
12 KHOR ETHAN Q4(g)
13 KOH GUO FENG Q4(f)
14 KOTA KIRAN CHAND Q4(e) received 20120123 1200h
15 LIAW XIAO TAO Q4(d) received 20120123 1200h
16 LIM ZHONGZHI Q4(c)
17 LOOI CHI HAN Q4(b) received 20120123 1200h
18 NG KEEN YUNG Q4(a)
19 POON WAI KIT Q5(e) received 20120123 1200h
20 RYAN CHEW Q5(d) received 20120123 1200h
21 TAN SHI JIE Q5(c) received 20120123 1200h
22 TENG CHEN CHANG GABRIEL Q5(b)
23 THAM CHUN LEONG Q5(a)
- Post your video clip in the Maths Blog. The title of the post would be Viva Voce Practice 1 [Question number] (e.g. Viva Voce Practice 1 Q4(a))
- Label your work as follows: viva voce 1
- The video clip may be uploaded directly to the blog. Alternatively, you could also upload the video clip to Facebook (set it to public view) or YouTube before embedding it in the blog post.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the voice of the video clip is audible as verbal explanation is key to such task.
Deadline: To be submitted by Sunday 22 January 2012, 2359h
Examples of work done by your seniors:
(e.g. DING NINA LIN [Q1]; CHAN SHAWN KIT [Q2]; LIM HAO EN TOBY GAIL [Q1]